World Environment Day is all about positive environmental action. Every year, people come together to raise awareness of the environment and to encourage social and political action. It’s all about us becoming agents of change in support of equitable and sustainable development.
Here are five easy things that you can do to get involved on the day:
- Watch this film on the Rio Connection, showing us just how far we’ve come over the last twenty years and the challenges we still face in terms of climate change.
- Take action and ask your MP to sign the Rio-UK Declaration for a greener, fairer global economy.
- Cut down on fossil fuels and choose to make one of your journeys by foot, bike or public transport rather than in the car.
- Save natural resources and unsubscribe from a magazine or a catalogue that you never read. This also cuts down on your paper waste.
- The theme for this year’s Word Environment Day is ‘Does It Include YOU?’ Think of one thing in your life that has a negative effect on climate change and choose to reverse it. For example, if you never recycle your batteries, give it a go!